Robertson Recruitment are seeking an all-round Transport Administrator to work for a busy manufacturing operation with an in-house logistics company close to Nottingham centre. Our client who is highly renowned for their fantastic customer service and friendly working environment are looking for someone who has a strong work experience in dealing with high volume administrative paperwork as well as being able to complete general warehouse work when required. Based in their transport department, you will be responsible for ensuring that all agreed relevant warehouse and transport administration is carried out in an efficient and in a timely manner. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience, amazing pension scheme, overtime, holidays, free parking and training and development.
Working on a weekly rotational basis from 0500-1200 and 12:00 – 1900, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week and based in Nottingham, you will successfully ensure the smooth-running operation of all admin duties within the warehouse and transport.
The role requires high levels of administration and communication skills, excellent customer service, and experience in the warehouse and transport industry with knowledge of general haulage and pallet network being highly advantageous.
As the Transport Administrator your duties will include:
• Producing customer pick lists for the warehouse staff to perform their daily customer picks.
• Verifying all customer picks have been completed to ensure stock locations have been freed up to allow stock intake to be performed.
• Ensuring the stock intake from our own production is correctly actioned.
• Prepare all customer despatch paperwork has been completed prior to the vehicles leaving site.
• Ensure all completed delivery paperwork has been actioned and signed for (PODs).
• Ensure that all of our own customer’s deliveries have been successfully completed on time by liaising with the delivery depots.
• Generate pallet network pick lists and ensure the necessary paperwork is actioned.
To be a successful Transport Administrator you will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in working within a warehouse and transport environment dealing with high volume, quick turnaround paperwork
• Good customer service skills
• Good IT skills: especially with Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Positive outlook, good communicator and team worker
• Have the ability to manage your time effectively
• Attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills
Back to vacancies Apply Now
The Transport Administrator will be working on a weekly rotational basis from 0500-1200 and 12:00 – 1900, Monday to Friday completing 40 hours per week.
In return, the Transport Administrator will receive a salary from £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience) as basic, overtime, pension scheme and holidays. Additional opportunities exist due to company expansion.
*** Transport Admin, Transport Clerk, Warehouse Admin, Warehouse Clerk, Logistics Admin, Administrator, Derby, Leicester, Nottingham , Nottinghamshire ***