Salary: £38000 - £45000
Healthcare, Bonus scheme, Career Progression, Good work / life balance, Friendly Workplace
A leading machinery and plant hire provider is looking for an experienced General Manager to lead and develop a high performing team, creating operational efficiencies with a high safety and compliance culture in a day to day operation of the site.
Offering a permanent contract based at their site in the Hampshire area, you will be supervising a team of up to 15 staff including Hire Desk Manager, fitters, drivers and yard operatives. The General Manager will be responsible for the operations team, ensuring all materials and equipment are dispatched to all designated customers locations.
You will be an innovative, driven, hands on and confident leader leading from the front, commercially aware, on board with implementing new processes and procedures in meeting the demands of the operation plus a passion to develop a high performing team. In return, you will be offered a highly competitive salary ranging from £38,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience), market leading pension scheme, life cover and health cash plan. It is important that you can manage people, processes and systems on site in order to ensure smooth, efficient and profitable operation.
As the General Manager your duties will include:
- Manage sales and profit targets and take action to improve performance.
- Build and develop team and sales opportunities to drive depot growth.
- Critically review depot operational effectiveness, productivity and performance and take action to correct and resolve problems.
- Improve customer service in the depot reducing Non Conformance Reports (NCRs).
- Lead, motivate, develop and appraise depot staff to achieve a high performing team.
- Feedback management information to Regional Operations Director including KPIs and depot performance.
- Responsible for a team of Hire Desk staff and Yard staff ensuring optimum use by driving standards and behaviours.
- Develop and drive a culture of openness and effective communication through leadership behaviours.
- Communicate with Regional Operations Director when assistance is required.
- Build relationships and influencing partnerships with sales teams and the wider organisation to ensure first class customer service, revenue and profitability is delivered.
- Drive a culture of HS&E compliance with the depot to ensure policy and procedure are implemented and followed.
- Responsible for all day-to-day issues – handling the more complex issues personally.
- Implements change and inputs to the planning process.
- Effective delivery of the sales strategy.
- Complete stock takes within timeframes and manage variances.
- Make commercial decisions, based on standard pricing, on challenged quotations and damage/losses for all pre-engineered and standard solutions.
To be a successful General Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous management experience in a fast paced machine hire, plant hire, construction or civil engineering environment
- Proficient in using IT systems like Insphire or similar industry ERP system
- Experience and knowledge of the machinery and plant hire equipment and products
- Experience in fleet management inclusive of stock control repair and quality control.
- Technical experience in the temporary works industry is preferred
- Knowledge of current legislation in employment, health & safety and transport are essential
- IOSH Managing safely is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness – proven track record of delivering results
- Great negotiation skills
- Analytical, logical and a problem solver
- Ability to drive and deliver effective change
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
General Manager Benefits
- Highly competitive salary range between £38,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Monday to Friday role, work life balance
- Yearly Bonus scheme
- Health and Well-being schemes
- Life assurance
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Training and career development
- Employee assistance programme
- Private health insurance and Healthcare cash plan
- A stable opportunity within a well-established company
- Opportunity to grow and progress further within the business
- The General Manager will be working from Monday to Friday completing 37.5 hours per week.
In return, the General Manager will receive a salary from £38,000 - £45,000 annual salary (dependent on experience) plus yearly bonus, life assurance and health cash plan, market leading pension scheme and development opportunities.
This role would suit a seasoned General Manager, Depot Manager, Operations Manager, Site Manager or Hub Manager who is able to demonstrate senior leadership management experience with a hands on approach in a commercial and customer service driven environment who looks after the whole operation in their current or previous work experiences.
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: