Salary: £20000 - £25000
Pension, Structured training and development, Modern working environment
Do you want to work for a company with global presence and inclusive approach?
If you have experience working in a busy Import and Export role within a manufacturing environment then this could be the position for you. We are seeking an Import and Export Coordinator for a manufacturer based in Nottingham on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. You will assist the customer services and parts team in finding the most commercially viable method of transportation, ensuring the delivery can be made within an agreed time frame. You will be joining a company that like to empower their employees and really value you as an individual.
Import and Export Coordinator duties and responsibilities:
- Support Customer Services and Parts Team by providing them with the most cost effective method of domestic and international transportation for their shipments.
- Ensure the movement of freight can be undertaken within the agreed time frame parameters.
- Communicate with suppliers and hauliers by phone and email to request and collect relevant information.
- Continually build and strengthen existing relationships with hauliers.
- Have a good understanding of the rules and regulations relating to road haulage import and export.
- Accurately process all import and export documentation ensuring legal compliance.
- Keep in regular communication with suppliers and work colleagues to ensure the operation runs efficiently and to deadlines.
- Maintain files, records and logs of work being completed on a daily basis
- Occasional travel to customer sites or other company locations as needed
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties that the Customer Services Manager would require
Import and Export Coordinator skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ Experience in a similar role – import/export, traffic or international logistics
- Degree in a Business related field or equivalent highly desirable
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Outstanding analytical and numerical skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Great team player
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient in IT including MS Word, Excel and other relevant ERP system
Import and Export Coordinator benefits
- Competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Modern working environment
- 4x death in service insurance
- Amazing pension scheme
- Free parking
- Development opportunities
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: