Salary: £45000 - £50000
Healthcare, Fuel Card, Company vehicle
Area Farm Manager
One of our most prestigious clients based in the Eastern Region, is seeking an Area Farm Manager to be responsible for the performance of their Farms in the Eastern region of the country. This role is for a leader who has a strong background in poultry farming and Leadership of teams. You will be responsible for Health and Safety requirements, Company Policies and procedures, alongside being responsible for delivery of strategic improvements across the business. Being a hands on leader and able to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is key for this high profile role. The ideal candidate will have previously worked with large farms and have strong background knowledge in Animal Welfare.
This role will suit a Senior Manager who is experienced in Farming operations and being familiar with working practices and expectations of poultry production businesses would be advantageous.
In return, the company will pay a competitive Salary depending on experience, company car, fuel card, phone & laptop, medical insurance alongside death in service, pension plus benefits, 33 Days Holiday (including bank holidays) with opportunities to grow a career across a multi-site business.
Reporting to the Senior Area Manager, the Area Farm Manager duties include:
- Managing Performance and day to day activities of multiple Farms in the East Region of the country
- Working closely with the Senior Area Manager reporting any incidents
- Ensuring that the sites are compliant and leading forward Health and Safety
- Responsible for monitoring bird performance and welfare ensuring the highest standards of health and welfare are maintained at all times
- Carrying out annual Health and Safety Audits
- Managing maintenance of farms alongside adhering to bio-security measures
- Ensure site security is strictly enforced and maintained at all times in all operational locations
- Ensure farms have sufficient supplies of feed, relevant vaccine and medication for identified Medication Programme
- Ensure all required operational paperwork i.e. feed and ventilation programmes, crop charts, salmonella, swabs, water samples, post mortem, scripts and any other supporting literature is available, and archived where appropriate, filed in a legible format.
- Undertake Red Tractor and Environmental Pre-Audits as necessary
- People processes: managing sickness, holidays, overtime, bonuses, appraisals, grievance and disciplinary processes in line with the HR department
- Development of Staff increasing efficiencies in Farms
Area Farm Manager Requirements:
- A proven track record of delivering results at Area Manager level
- Being able to effectively communicate to all levels of stakeholders
- Experience of managing multi-site farms
- IT literate in using Microsoft packages
- Responsibility for own performance and employees’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress and ensuring feedback. Addressing all performance problems and issues promptly
- Health and Safety knowledge and being able to demonstrate this in working practices
- The dedication to work hours necessary according to business needs
- High level networking and relationship building skills with senior stakeholders
- Previous experience managing large farms
- NVQ Level 3 in Poultry (preferred)
Benefits for the Area Farm Manager:
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Medical insurance
- Death in service
- Company car & Fuel Card
- 33 days Holiday (Including bank holidays)
- Phone & Laptop
- A chance to make a difference and put your stamp on!
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: