Salary: £30000 - £40000
Healthcare, Pension, Life cover, Good work / life balance, Modern working environment
One of our most prestigious clients in Nottingham is looking for an Electronics Design Engineer as part of their innovative plan to design and introduce new product lines. They are looking for a skilled Electronics Design Engineer who is excited about the opportunity in being part of a successful operation designing and manufacturing smart building technology.
Our client is an established and growing business in their sector providing amazing benefits to its employees. They are offering a salary between £30,000-£40,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, private health care, life insurance and up to 28 days holidays including bank holidays.
As the Electronics Design Engineer, your duties will include:
- Designing & development of hardware
- Preparing the component, module evaluation and specification
- Providing circuit design and schematic capture
- Creating multilayer PCB layout
- Working closely with the purchasing function in terms of right first time, cost effective component selection and approval.
- Work closely with manufacturing operations to ensure seamless transition of design data to finished assembly.
- Assist with product verification, validation and testing, where required.
- Liaise between design and external contractors.
- Report completed and ongoing tasks to line manager on regular basis.
- Maintain documentation of activities (TCF) as appropriate.
- Provide on time, on target cost hardware designs.
- Assist in introduction of new products and technologies.
- Provide guidance on improvements to working practices, equipment etc.
The successful Electronics Design Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Electronics and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in designing wireless embedded electronic devices.
- Interfacing using SPI, I2C and UART.
- Experience in energy efficient designs (including battery powering).
- Good all-round understanding of low power embedded electronics
- Familiar with low power RF protocols such as Zigbee, LoRa, Enocean
- Proficient in schematic Capture/PCB layout CAD packages
- Knowledge of ISM band RF antenna tuning.
- RED/CE testing.
- Experience in designing new products for manufacture
- Passion for any software programming languages such as Assembler, C, C++
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work equally well in a team environment or independently
The Electronics Design Engineer’s benefits will include:
- Competitive salary between £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Good work / life balance
- Fantastic location and modern working environment
- Amazing pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Up to 28 days holidays including bank holidays
- Free parking
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: