Salary: £55000 - £77000
Healthcare, Pension, Bonus scheme, Employee Discounts
Our client is a market leading dynamic International business. They are looking for an Operations Director who will take full responsibility for their new Distribution Centre and manage the whole operational activities such as strategic planning, resource allocation, project implementation and budget for the entire site.
The role would suit a Head of Operations, Site Manager or General Manager who has worked within Logistics and or Distribution previously and is experienced with modern automated technology within Distribution. Experience in new start-ups and project management are beneficial.
In return, the Operations Director will get the chance to work for a global organisation that really care about the effect they have on the world in addition to creating a supportive environment for their own staff. Whilst gaining great rewards including an amazing benefits package and get to play your part in their environmental sustainability policy.
Operations Director duties:
- Full operational and stocks budget responsibility for the site
- Executing strategic plan for having DC fully operational by the agreed time frame
- Ensuring resources are provided to support all Distribution Centre processes and activities to include labour, warehouse management system, equipment, and facilities.
- Ensuring 100% safe environment for all staff and business partners at the facility.
- Developing key direct partnerships with brand leaders to clearly understand their challenges around service, flexibility, cycle time across all classes of trade.
- Partnering with Brand Operations teams to maintain alignment and pursue improvements in performance and cost.
- Monitoring cost, cycle time, and accuracy performance, and recommend improvements.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and local statutory regulations
- Assisting in the development and execution of strategic initiatives to include the integration of new brands, relocation of existing brands, and the rationalization of facilities which may initiate the construction or exit of DC facilities.
- Establishing clear annual performance and development plans for the DC leadership team.
- Working days Mon – Fri 39 hours weekly with some flexibility needed
Operations Director requirements:
- Ideally educated to degree level in Logistics and or Distribution
- Extensive experience within in a similar role previously
- Exposure to Logistics and distribution automation and technology highly beneficial
- Previous experience of leading a site with up to 400 FTEs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- New site / new start up experience highly advantageous
Operations Director benefits:
- Basic salary £55,000 - £77,000 (dependent on experience) plus company car
- Generous and achievable annual bonus based on personal performance
- Excellent pension scheme – 4% employee contribution and 8% company
- Inclusive and supportive environment
- Holiday 25 to 29 days plus bank holidays depending on time served
- Product discount schemes up to 50%
- Medical Insurance and health care scheme incl dentistry and opticians
- Chance to work for a company who have a strong ethics policy and care about their impact on the greater world
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: