Salary: £35000 - £35000
Healthcare, Pension, Employee Discounts, Career Progression
Working on a permanent Monday to Friday daytime contract, you will be responsible for Inventory and Returns functions in a large warehouse. You’ll receive a competitive salary of £35,000, company pension scheme, ongoing training and development and great chances for progression. You’ll be encouraged to improve existing processes and drive forward improvements, offering savings to the customer.
Why apply? This is a port based distribution hub with a portfolio of impressive blue chip supermarket clients. It’s a site that is incredibly fast paced and still relatively new. There are plans for further expansion and volumes will be increasing.
Job duties for the Stock Manager:
- To manage Stock and Returns teams (with Team Leaders as your direct reports)
- Ensuring each team has correct staffing levels, are cross trained and that resource matches required output
- Carrying out 1-2-1s, year reviews and regular team briefings
- Managing absence, disciplinary and H&S investigations
- Ensuring that all SLAs for multiple customers are adhered to
- Managing stock levels within a large warehouse, whilst ensuring that stock queries from customers are followed up
- Carrying out annual stock takes as per client specific agreements.
- Ensure the site meets legal compliance at all times.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that WMS is live and up to date with current stock
- Seeking ways to improve the operation and implementing your ideas through communication with your teams
- Promote a culture where Health and Safety is part of our daily activities.
- Regularly updating customers regards to discrepancies in stock and the status of returnsBenefits for the
- Competitive salary of £35,000
- Monday to Friday daytime role (37.5 hours)
- Fantastic pension scheme (8% matched contributions)
- Private Health plan
- Generous holiday allowance that increases with service
- Access to discount portal
- Fast progression in a growing site
- Access to internal jobs at other distribution sites
What does my client need from you?
- Familiarity with WMS – ideally Red Prairie
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of meeting customer KPI`s
- Good understanding of HR processes and previous experience managing teams Previous experience with computerised scanning equipment (RFID) for put away and pick roles.
- Experience working in an FMCG warehouse
- Chilled picking experience is a strong advantageThis would suit a Stock Manager, Stock FLM, or Inventory Manager from either a chilled operation or a 3PL backrgound. Apply now!
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: