Salary: £25000 - £28000
Bonus scheme, Career Progression
A leading wholesale business is seeking a Stock Control Manager to oversee the internal movement of 15,000 pallets worth of stock. This is the chance to work at a new site, carrying out projects and helping with the arrival of stock.
Working a Monday to Friday daytime role, the Stock Control Manager will have complete control and autonomy over the stock function for three warehouses in Nottingham area. You’ll be liaising with procurement, sales teams and 3rd party stock companies to make sure £6 million worth of stock flow is maintained. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary of up to £30,000 as well as a quarterly bonus scheme (worth up to £2,000 per annum).
Who is my client?
They are an expanding wholesale business that supplies a number of blue chip retailers and online customers. As part of an expanding family run business, you will be recognised and rewarded for your integral role. The opportunities for progression and rewards are excellent – this is a leading wholesale business with ambitious plans. As well as opening new sites, they have recently acquired other businesses without losing their friendly family feel.
- Overall responsibility for managing the stock flow 15,000 pallets worth of stock over three warehouses and third party storage facilities
- Liaising with procurement, sales teams and warehouse teams to coordinate stock flow from 3rd party storage into the warehouses
- Forecasting for peak seasons with the sales teams so that stock is strategically placed
- Arranging 3rd party transport for container tipping and shunting of stock
- Ensuring that stock is traceable at all times through PI and regular stock counts
- Supervising and developing a team of three stock clerks
- Working to strict targets on stock variance, deliveries on time and demurrage on port containers from overseas
- Completing regular reports from Excel for senior management and presenting these findings
- Updating the stock systems – Microsoft Dynamics and bespoke WMS
- This requirement is urgent, so a minimal notice period is necessary
- Exposure to different WMS and stock systems such as SAP or Red Prairie
- Previous supervisor experience in a warehouse
- IOSH and FLT licenses are an advantage
- A hands on attitude
- Strong ability to build relationships with different departments
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility with regards to job duties
- Competitive salary between £25,000 - £30,000
- Free off road parking
- Monday to Friday daytime hours
- Achievable quarterly bonus scheme – up to £500 extra per quarter
- The chance to join a rapidly expanding business with promotional opportunities
- Prestigious client base including a number of blue chip retailers
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: