Salary: £24500 - £24500
Pension, Career Progression, Structured training and development
A multinational 3PL provider is offering a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Transport First Line Manager to join their prestigious new food wholesale contract in Bridgwater. This is a great opportunity to be trained into a management role and take advantage of internal promotion.
Offering a permanent contract, you will performance manager a transport clerk and up to 30 drivers and ensure that KPIs continue to be hit or exceeded. Working within a fast moving new food contract, you will be well rewarded. The package includes a competitive salary of up to £24,500, fantastic pension scheme, childcare vouchers, discounted food card and the chance to gain industry qualifications. Our client is committed to developing you, and is willing to invest heavily in training and pay for prestigious external qualifications. This could include H&S qualifications, CPC International, risk assessment courses and a huge range of internal qualifications.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the operations in your given area of the transport department run smoothly by engaging employees and developing those around. You will be trained on knowledge of WTDs, transport compliance and Tachomaster, to ensure your section of the operation is compliant. As this is still a fairly new retail delivery contract, you will be expected to show drive and determination in terms of developing your team.
- Assisting the Transport Operations Manager to manage the function on a shift basis
- Ensuring your team of drivers adhere to transport compliance – downloading tachographs, overseeing the vehicle checks and playing an active role in driver pre/debriefs
- Managing worker issues such as payment queries, holidays and uniform regulation
- Keeping a line of communication with the drivers and the customer, ensuring that SLAs are monitored
- Building relationships quickly on site in order to maintain a strong team within this new contract
- Carrying out team meetings and detailed shift handovers to strengthen communication
- Identifying ways to make the department more efficient and produce cost savings for the customer
- Writing reports when required on the KPI/SLA achievements of the clerks and drivers in your team
- Display some flexibility with regards to covering alternative as and when needed for covering holiday/sickness
- Experience within a logistics role (warehouse, transport or stock experience is preferred)
- Must be willing to train
- Ability to work some weekends (2 weekends working per month)
- Good admin and organisational skills
- Computer literate and intermediate Excel ability for creating spreadsheets
- Please note there is a shift rota: the two shifts are 3am – 12:30pm and 10:30am – 8pm. It is a two week rotation on each shift.
- A competitive salary of £24,500 per annum
- Unrivalled development opportunities: you gain access to a vast network of internal job postings from different contracts within the the Bristol/ Taunton/ Avonmouth area
- Good pension scheme
- 25 days holiday +8 days bank holiday (or equivalent)
- Extensive opportunities for internal training courses
- The chance to be developed into a manager and to have prestigious external qualifications paid for
- Good opportunities for promotion
Back to vacanciesApply Now
Share this article: